Social Networks and Teen Culture/Digital Natives
- boyd, D. (2007). Social Network Sites: Public, Private, or What? The Knowledge Tree, 15. Retrieved from http://kt.flexiblelearning.net.au/tkt2007/edition-13/social-network-sites-public-private-or-what/
- McKenzie, J. (2008). Beyond Mere Gathering: Converting Social Networking into Collaboration and Synergy. From Now On, 17(6). Retrieved from http://fno.org/sum08/synergy.html (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5uASjHVmp)
- Wiske et al., Chapter 7
- Ferriter & Garry, pp. 225-229
- Ferriter, W. (2010). Developing Technology Vision Statements. Retrieved from http://teacherleaders.typepad.com/the_tempered_radical/2011/01/does-your-school-have-technology-vision-statements.html (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5xb31Wnq1)
- Pesce, M. (2010, November 10). The Soul of Web 2.0. the human network. Retrieved November 10, 2010, from http://blog.futurestreetconsulting.com/?p=439 (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5u8LomNB8)
- Vander Wal, T. (2008, January 9). The Elements in the Social Software Stack. Personal InfoCloud. Retrieved November 11, 2009, from http://www.personalinfocloud.com/2008/01/the-elements-in.html
- boyd, D. M., & Ellison, N. B. (2007). Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 13(1). Retrieved from http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol13/issue1/boyd.ellison.html
- Aviary Sound Editor Reference Sheet
- GoAnimate Reference Sheet
- “Acceptable Use Committee”: http://pencilintegration.blogspot.com/2011/03/acceptable-use-committee.html
- Springfield, MO AUP (a “typical” AUP): http://www.sps.springfield.ma.us/schoolsites/central/students/pdf/internet_policy.pdf
- Portsmouth School Department “Responsible” Use Policy: http://www.cityofportsmouth.com/School/policy/AUPformsgrK-5.pdf
- Duxbury Web2.0-leaning AUP: http://www.duxbury.k12.ma.us/documents/AUG9-8-10.pdf
- Acceptable Use Policies in Web2.0 and Mobile Era: http://www.cosn.org/Initiatives/Web2/AUPGuide/tabid/8139/Default.aspx
- Use Multiple Online Cloud Storage Services for Free and Organized Backup: http://lifehacker.com/#!5788508/use-multiple-online-cloud-storage-services-for-free-and-organized-backup
- Paterson Teacher Suspended Over A Post On Facebook: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/nyregion/02facebook.html?_r=1&ref=education
- Places where you can “grow your own”:
TechTime Guided Inquiry
Your task is to create a recorded dialogue (podcast) with Aviary Sound Editor or animated dialogue with GoAnimate discussing the ideal Acceptable Use Policy. Consider the following questions in your dialogue:
- What values and practices do you want described in your AUP?
- Who are the stakeholders and what are their roles?
- What are the roles of technology in your AUP?