- Collins & Halverson, Chapters 2-3
- Lanier, J. (2010, September 16). Does the Digital Classroom Enfeeble the Mind? New York Times Magazine. New York. Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/magazine/19fob-essay-t.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5uAXidyqn)
- Porter, B. (n.d.). Grappling’s Technology and Learning Spectrum. Bernajean Porter Consulting. Retrieved November 21, 2010, from http://www.bjpconsulting.com/files/GA%20SpectrumTable.pdf (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5uPOxU6EL)
- Prensky, M. (2008). The Role of Technology in Teaching and the Classroom. Educational Technology. Retrieved from http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/Prensky-The_Role_of_Technology-ET-11-12-08.pdf
- Williams, B. (2010, November 7). Why technology scares (some of) us — and what to do about it. The Answer Sheet – The Washington Post. Retrieved from http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/technology/why-technology-scares-some-of.html (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5u5cKr7oF)
Link to VoiceThread Discussion
VoiceThread Guided Activity
As a guided inquiry, please create a (at least) three-slide VoiceThread. Take your response to the question from last week, “What has been the greatest technological advancement in education of the last 10 years,” and give three reasons (one for each slide) why you chose this advancement. Extra points for people who make reference the readings for the week 🙂
In order to do this, you can create a three page document in Word or a three slide PowerPoint presentation and upload it to VoiceThread. Please use one reason per page or per slide. Use at least one picture or photo. You can use clip art from PowerPoint if you wish, as at this point I’d like you to get acclimated to uploading and creating things with VoiceThread. Expertise comes with practice, patience, and a willingness to learn from making mistakes.
You can refer to the tutorials listed at http://bit.ly/ed628-1. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail.